Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Happy Belated Valentines to all,

Valentines weekend was quite eventful here in Vancouver. First of all, I picked up Liz at the airport on Thursday the 12th at 6:53 p.m. For all of you who do not know who this is, Liz is my girlfriend from Saskatoon who I have been seeing since June of 2008. For Christmas I bought her tickets to come see me in Vancouver for a week. The first night she had dinner with me at the Urban Promise house and then I showed her to the house where she would be staying, at my friend Tanya's house (Camp Grace Director). Friday she came to Camp Joy with me and we had lots of laughs and then saturday we spent the whole Day on a date. First went with my roommate Mark Snowshoeing (some pics on facebook) and then we went out to dinner and a show. First I took her to a little Ethiopian restaurant and then we went to a play called Holy Mo. This consisted of three clowns telling the stories of Moses and David in the most hilarious ways. It was really great! The day was perfect. On Sunday we went to church, did some shopping and picked up Liz's best friend Stephanie. Monday rolled around and my sister Joy and her friend suz (Liesel) came to hang out with me at camp Joy. They really enjoyed the camp and even had a chance to cream each other in a mad game of Dodgeball!!! It was really fun having them there and they got to see what I do every day. Tuesday, was my last day with both Liz and Joy so we spent the morning with Liz's friend Stephanie than Liz came to Camp Grace with me. After a crazy day of playing with the kids and singing four or five worship songs Liz and I rushed out the doors, kids following suit and proceeded to jump in the van and drive away. I had to have Liz at the airport for 5:15 p.m. so we were just under the gun getting to the airport. To my relief we made it to the airport on time just to get one last moment alone before Liz left. After the airport I came straight home and jumped on the skytrain to go meet up with Joy and Suz. After going out for a great meal of sushi, we met up with some old friends and spent the night playing board games until some of us started falling asleep (mostly me). I walked Joy and Suz back to their hotel, said my goodbyes and called it a night! So that was my crazy valentines weekend and if anyone else wants to visit me I am always up for more crazy fun! Thanks to all for supporting me this month and dont worry the date was on me (trucking money!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I Love to just hang out with people, laughing lots and sharing the love of God which I have been so gratiously given.